Casual Science Education Officers Needed
Fizzics Education is always on the lookout to recruit energetic people to run science education outreach. Intakes occur throughout the year but we still would love to hear from you!
Locations: Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra and/or Sydney
We are looking for highly motivated people to run science workshops and shows throughout NSW, QLD and/or Victorian primary & secondary schools as well as for children's parties and holiday science workshops. Creative thinkers are encouraged to apply, as we are constantly developing programmes for both school visits as well as school science video conferences.
- weekdays and/or weekends'
- Delivery of high quality science workshops at schools, preschools, private homes, events and holiday workshops.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Superior organisational and communication skills.
- Strong ability to relate to children of ages 4 to 18 in both classroom & non-classroom settings.
- Broad knowledge of scientific theories and laws, with a strong ability to communicate this knowledge with a wide range of age groups and backgrounds.
- Ability to perform in varied public spaces.
- Your English communication skills will need to be of the highest standard.
- Ability to work to deadlines and adhere to stated availabilities.
- Ability to work weekends and school holiday periods if needed.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne surrounding area as well as occasional regional State tours.
- Commitment to WHS and EEO principles within the workplace.
- A reasonable level of physical fitness is required.
- Class C Drivers Licence; our utes have manual transmission.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- A strong background in Primary and/or Secondary Education.
- A minimum of 2 years completed of a B.Sc or B.App.Sc , with commencement of a Dip. Ed. or similar.
- The ability to use a variety of hand tools and craft materials would be advantageous.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check as required by legislation.
The successful applicant's role may be expanded depending upon interest, availability and qualifications.
Please click here to apply for a position with Fizzics Education