Full Time Science Education Officers Needed
- initial 6 month contract
Fizzics Education is on the lookout for 2 x full time science education staff to help deliver science communication outreach in our expanding team.
We are looking for two highly motivated people to run science workshops and shows throughout NSW, predominantly for primary & secondary schools in Sydney with some work occurring in libraries, museums, preschools and private events as needed. Creative thinkers are encouraged to apply, as we are constantly developing programmes for both school visits as well as school science video conferences and special events.
- Delivery of high quality science workshops at schools, preschools, private homes, events and holiday workshops in metropolitan, regional and sometimes remote areas when needed.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Superior organizational and communication skills.
- Strong ability to relate to children of ages 4 to 18 in both classroom & non-classroom settings.
- Broad knowledge of scientific theories and laws, with a strong ability to communicate this knowledge with a wide range of age groups and backgrounds.
- Ability to perform in varied public spaces.
- Your English communication skills will need to be of the highest standard.
- Ability to work to deadlines and adhere to stated availabilities.
- Ability to work weekends and school holiday periods if needed.
- Willingness to travel throughout Sydney and surrounding area as well as occasional regional State tours.
- Commitment to OH & S and EEO principles within the workplace.
- A reasonable level of physical fitness is required.
- Class C Drivers Licence; our utes have manual transmission.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- A strong background in Primary and/or Secondary Education.
- A minimum of 2 years completed of a B.Sc or B.App.Sc , with commencement of a Dip. Ed. or similar would be advantageous.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check as required by legislation.
The successful applicant's role may be expanded depending upon interest, availability and qualifications.
Enquiries or applications addressing the selection criteria for this position can be sent to the following:
Fizzics Education Pty Ltd
5 St James Place
or send through your resume via email