Part Time Science Education Officer Needed
Join an award-winning education team that's expanding rapidly!
Fizzics Education is on the lookout to recruit an energetic
- initial 6 month contract
part time science educator to help deliver science communication outreach in our expanding education team.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to deliver after school science clubs in primary & secondary schools with some work occurring in libraries, museums, preschools and private events as needed. Creative thinkers are encouraged to apply, as we are constantly developing programmes for both school visits as well as school science video conferences and special events.
- Delivery of high quality science clubs for children in K to 8, with majority of kids aged between 8 and 12 years old.
- Work with the education team to design and deliver science club programs as needed
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Superior organizational and communication skills.
- Strong ability to relate to children of ages 4 to 18 in both classroom & non-classroom settings.
- Broad knowledge of scientific theories and laws, with a strong ability to communicate this knowledge with a wide range of age groups and backgrounds.
- Ability to perform in varied public spaces.
- Your English communication skills will need to be of the highest standard.
- Ability to work to deadlines and adhere to stated availabilities.
- Ability to work weekends and school holiday periods if needed.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Brisbane & surrounding areas as well as occasional regional State tours.
- Commitment to OH & S and EEO principles within the workplace.
- A reasonable level of physical fitness is required.
- Class C Drivers Licence; our utes have manual transmission.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- A strong background in Primary and/or Secondary Education.
- A minimum of 2 years completed of a B.Sc or B.App.Sc , with commencement of a Dip. Ed. or similar would be advantageous.
Fun qualifications, skills & experience
- What things would you love us to know about?
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check (Blue Card) as required by legislation. The successful applicant's role may be expanded depending upon interest, availability and qualifications.
Sounds like your sort of work? We'd love to hear from you!
Inquiries or applications addressing the selection criteria for this position can be sent to the following:
Fizzics Education Pty Ltd
5 St James Place
or send through your resume via email
or enter your details on this form