You will need:
1. After rain, mix up the plaster of paris with water. Dont make it too thick as you want a good mold
2. Walk through your park or garden to find animal prints in mud patches
3. Gently pour the plaster into the impression made by the animal - it's cast
4. Allow to dry. The time taken to dry is dependent on how wet your plaster solution is
5. Compare the print with a book of animal tracks in your local library
6. Press your hand into the mud and make a mold of your own hand!
Galapagos Turtle Tracks
Ecologists use traces of animals to work out which animals inhabit an area. Traces can include tracks, fur, feathers, nests, hollows in trees and even their droppings!
Check out the following link: What scat is that
Back to Biology & Environmental science experiments