Job vacancies in our science education team
Fizzics Education is always on the lookout to recruit energetic people to deliver science education outreach!
We are always looking for more highly motivated people to run science workshops and shows throughout NSW, QLD and/or Victorian primary & secondary schools as well as for children's parties and holiday science workshops. Creative thinkers are encouraged to apply, as we are constantly developing programmes for both school visits as well as school science video conferences.
If you feel that science communication is your calling, please get in touch... we often take in casual science educators throughout the year as opportunities arise.
General science educator position outline (covers broadly the work done by full time, part time & casual staff)
- weekdays and/or weekends (position and availability dependent)
- Delivery of high-quality science workshops at schools, preschools, private homes, events and holiday workshops in metropolitan, regional and sometimes remote areas.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Superior organizational and communication skills.
- Strong ability to relate to children of ages 4 to 18 in both classroom & non-classroom settings.
- Broad knowledge of scientific theories and laws, with a strong ability to communicate this knowledge with a wide range of age groups and backgrounds.
- Ability to perform in varied public spaces.
- Your English communication skills will need to be of the highest standard.
- Ability to work to deadlines and adhere to stated availabilities.
- Ability to work weekends and school holiday periods if needed.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne surrounding area as well as occasional regional State tours.
- Commitment to OH & S and EEO principles within the workplace.
- A reasonable level of physical fitness is required.
- Class C Drivers Licence; our utes have manual transmission.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- A strong background in Primary and/or Secondary Education.
- A minimum of 2 years completed of a B.Sc or B.App.Sc , with a commencement of a Dip. Ed. or similar would be advantageous.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check as required by legislation.
The successful applicant's role may be expanded depending upon interest, availability and qualifications.
Please get in touch!